- We believe our people are our greatest asset. At core of our culture is the creation of a family environment where equality, inclusion and safety are values ingrained in every member of the team.
- These values are part of our hiring practices as we want team members from different backgrounds, experiences and orientations to come together and at the same time help each other with the appreciation of people’s differences as well as their similarities.
- We believe strongly in enhancing women’s leadership and opportunities as we feel this is a highly capable talent pool that companies do not utilize effectively. At LVI 40% of our team are women and we are proud of the fact that our General Manager and our heads of Finance and Customer Service are all women from very diverse backgrounds. Over the coming years we will continue leading from the front in team diversity and opportunity based on merit.
- In partnership with Thompson Rivers University, for the last 8 years we have been providing students with co-op placement opportunities to enable them to gain work experience towards completion of their certifications. We have internally developed hands on electronics and mechanical training programs open to all team members aimed at elevating knowledge and marketable skills.
- In 2020, we plan to launch an initiative initially in Kamloops aimed at helping disadvantaged individuals re-enter the work place by providing hands on office, technical and personal skills. We hope to engage other businesses, the City of Kamloops, job agencies and our partner BCLC to assist these individual’s in supporting their growth back into permeant work positions. Often it takes one act of support to transform a life.
Copyright © 2019 | LVI British Columbia | All Rights Reserved